INITIAL NOTE: This mod will give you a great deal of control over your sims. I have seen it negatively referred to, by a few individuals, as a "superhack" or "supermod". It is INTENDED to be a shortcut mod and a "supermod", although "GOD MOD" is closer to what my eventual intentions are. If you do NOT want to be able to place it in your game at any time and completely (as completely as i can make it anyways) control your sims or if you do NOT want a wide range of options, then do not download this because it is not aimed at any specific detail of the game, but at a multitude. It is january 22, i will be updating to InSIMenator 1.5 (Editions) within a few days and there will be some pretty big changes to it (concernng options AND flexibility). With that having been said...
InSIMenator version 1.4b
Your sims will soon be masters of reproduction with this artificial insemination and life cycle lab.
Unzip/unrar and place .package file in downloads directory.
Residential Buy Mode Catalog location: Electronics/All
Community Buy Mode Catalog location: Miscellaneous/Electronics
IMPORTANT NOTICE: After discerning definitive conflicts (most notable conflicts appear to be concerning abort pregnancy with all 3 editions and sim menus with the SIM Edition) with this mod and a few other mods that would appear to me to be popular (including, but not limited to, JTs' teen woohoo and more v1a) i have decided to do as follows...
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING BELOW!!
In the interest of user friendliness this mod now comes in 3 Editions...
InSIMenator 1.4b SIM Edition sims, destination (lot) and object oriented menus
InSIMenator 1.4b DEST Edition destination (lot) and object oriented menus
InSIMenator 1.4b OBJ Edition object oriented menus only
NOTE: while making 3 different editions available will not immediately solve all problems or maybe even none of them it is a step in that direction.
The GUID of 1.2 through 1.4b (including all 3 editions) are the same... 1.1 has a different GUID but you may still need to remove any previous versions from your game for it to work correctly. Modded objects (hacks) all use the same Group ID (0xFFFFFFFF) so one object may read the behavior subs of another object (for all i know), causing conflicting results.
1) Alien pollination... - men or women get pollinated, twin or single child option
2) Have baby with... - man or woman with any man or woman, NPC or player and even with yourself.
3) Have twins with... - man or woman with any man or woman, NPC or player and even with yourself.
4) Accelerate pregnancy - speeds pregnancy stages drastically
5) Un-accelerate pregnancy - slows pregnancy back to normal
6) Abort pregnancy - (see NOTE 3: below) end an accidental or undesired pregnancy
7) Suspend pregnancy - pause pregnancy at any stage
Resume pregnancy - resumes paused pregnancy
NOTE: Accelerate/Un-accelerate/Abort/Suspend/Resume pregnancy are all enabled for teens.
NOTE 2: Please remember to take your time when using pregnancy or age options... the age controller and the pregnancy controller run in a loop with idle stages so some things may take a little time to take effect
NOTE 3: the abortion takes a little game time to take effect while the pregnancy controller goes through it's loop... so be patient
1) Mutual love...- Maximize relations between 2 sims
2) Mutual hate...- Minimize relations between 2 sims
3) Mutual friends...- Make 2 sims buddies
4) Love them...- Make one sim love another
5) Like them...- Make one sim like another
6) Hate them...- Make one sim hate another
7) Suicide... - kill your selected sim 9 different ways
Selectable... - take temporary control of a visiting sim (you can also set the visiting sim back to an unselectable state)
NOTE: the Suicide and Selectable options will only be available in this section if you are NOT using the SIM Edition of this mod.
NOTE 2: the above options are temporarily available in the chair section of the machine
NOTE 3: the friendship and hate options will clear pink/red hearts of course
1) Grow baby up - self explanatory
2) Grow me up - age transition to/from ... toddler/child/teen/adult/elder/death
3) Select age... (see FINAL NOTE: below) - Set the age you want your sim to be(forward or backward). toddler/child/teen/independent teen(see NOTE: below)/adult/elder
4) Age duration... - add 1 day or subtract 1 day
5) Weekday... - Choose which day of the week it is (see KNOWN ISSUES below)
6) Aging... - turn aging on or off (yes i know you can use the cheat)
NOTE: there is a drawback to the independent teen option... your sims look like teens but are flagged as adults and act as adults including woohoo and try for baby options in bed without a teen woohoo hack (although the following drawback suggests that a teen woohoo hack has it's advantages).... initially this was going to be "enable teen pregnancy", i tried flagging them back to teens at the time they were impregnated but it didn't work as it should have so i left well enough alone for now. if you want your sim to act as a teen and go to school etc., as well as look like one then use "select age.../teen". Also, if you grow them up, as independent teens, they transition directly to elders. Ah well.... it's a work in progress.
1) Fitness... - fat, fit or normal fitness level.
2) Motives - Refresh yourself, someone else, your whole family or everyone on lot. Set motives to static or dynamic. static is where your motives don't go down and dynamic is where they do go down.
3) Set aspiration level - platinum or minimum
4) Change aspiration... - choose a new aspiration (see NOTE 3: below)
5) Refresh wants - No longer necessary but i left this in for now
6) Delete... - Delete sims from your lot.. individuals, all visitors, everyone but current sim or delete the insimenator.
7) Select career... - choose any career track
Career... - Max career level, Unlock all rewards, Vacation days (add or subtract 1 day), Quit job, Retire (early retirement for adults etc.) see KNOWN ISSUES below
9) School... - Get A+, Private school, Public school and No school options
10) Re-name sim - change any sims first name
11) Other crap... - this submenu has options that are either preludes to a section or have no suitable submenu to place them in
...reset skills (to zero level)
...Immunize - Disease/sickness immunity
...Enable save - enables the save button when it is disabled (see NOTE 2: below)
12) Information...- Has an information section (incomplete as of now) and a credits section
NOTE: the credits section is for giving credit where credit is due.
NOTE 2: Enable save will NOT show in this section if you are using SIM or DEST Editions of this mod
NOTE 3: teen, adult and elders get a dialog to choose the aspiration that you wish to change to... baby (if you make them selectable), toddler and child have "grow up" aspiration available to them in case an error should occur in the game that removes their aspiration.
THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL OPTIONS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU CHOOSE "InSIMenator1.4b DEST" or "InSIMenator 1.4b SIM" Editions
DESTINATION OPTIONS: The following options are available by clicking on your sims lot
1) Teleport here - teleport anywhere on your lot
2) Spawn... - Spawn the insimenator anywhere on your lot (no need to go into buy mode anymore during gameplay)
3) Other.../Enable save - enables the save button when it is disabled
NOTE: the 3 options listed above do not require you to have the insimenator on your lot... i added the "Spawn" section for that very purpose... You simply click anywhere on your lot and you have new menu options... also you can delete the insimenator without going into buy mode by using the menu on the right hand side of the insimenator.
THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL OPTIONS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU CHOOSE "InSIMenator 1.4b SIM" Edition
PERSON OPTIONS: The following options are available by clicking on a sim
1) Selectable - take control of a visiting sim (you can also set the visiting sim back to an unselectable state)
2) Suicide - kill your selected sim 9 different ways
NOTE: the suicide option ONLY SHOWS ON THE SIM THAT YOU ARE USING.
NOTE 2: the 2 options listed above do not require you to have the insimenator on your lot... you simply click on a sim and you have new menu options available for them depending on if they are listed in your family totem list on the LEFT side of your game window, or not.
FINAL NOTE: if a sim came WITH the game (ie: Mortimer Goth, Dina Caliente, Don Lothario etc.) or if a sim is created in Create-a-sim mode, they will have no faces or the wrong heads attached to them if you age them to a previous age group. I believe this is because they do not have character resources from previous age groups and is NOT an error. The way around this is to age a sim to a previous age group then to a different previous age group then back again. Sims born during gameplay do not seem to have this problem. Also sometimes i have noticed that sims that came with the game or create-a-sim sims will end with a different hair color than they previously had... i do not know why this is. This option may lag your game while it loads resources... your game is not crashing if this happens.
Not modified for TRUE teen pregnancy... will work on it
Not modified for baby gender selection... working on it
Not modified for interactability with the chair yet... i have plans for it
Not modified for Resurrection yet... working on it
More new options in next version update.
1) Some pie menu items only show when necessary - ie: if your sim is pregnant then the "have baby/twins with" and "alien pollination" items won't show in the pie menu or if you have already accelerated your pregnancy then "accelerate pregnancy" won't show in the pie menu etc etc.
2) Multi-tile menus: Click on a different section of the machine and you get a different menu. If this seems odd to you then try thinking of the machine as you would any other set of objects grouped together (ie: a desk with a computer and an alarm clock on it and a chair next to it... each gives you a different menu). This style of menus makes things much easier for me to categorize and keep track of.
1) changing the Weekday is not a permanent change... the day reverts to the original day at midnight (12-24-2004)
2) Quit job and retire options do work but for some reason i have to click the pie menu item a second time for it to take effect... don't know why this is but i will look into it
3) there is one tiny bug when making a baby (the only family member that i allowed to show in the selectable menu) selectable it will first make them unselectable and treat them as a VISITING sim... if this happens then just use the option to make them selectable a second time and they re-appear in your sim family totem list on the LEFT of your screen. I will work this bug out later.
4) when using love/like/hate relations options, your sims and the target sims image will disappear from the relationship window... this is a minor bug that does not effect the rest of the game and is corrected when you interact the 2 sims with each other. i am working this bug out
5) if you are using DEST or SIM Edtions and you click on a swimming pool you will probably see "Get in" listed in the pie menu twice...the second "Get in" option is actually "Teleport here" option. i'll fix this so that it does not list the second "Get in" (teleport here) option.
1) Independent teens should no longer age at midnight and the nudity problem is solved (i havent had these problems again during extensive testing on my part). this option was moved to "select age..." submenu and is basically a new age group i suppose. please post if you use independent teen and they do not show as being pregnant or have the nudity problem.
ADDENDUM: there are several sections and a few singular options that may look incomplete or redundant... this is because i have not yet finished the section or the option is a precursor to a section or is meant only to support other options on a case by case need. Also, there are several sections that have yet to be added. Please remember, i am learning the ins and outs of simantics as best as i can (without documentation of course) so things take time to complete... i am going through just about every file line by line. For those who think that this object is too large or beastly... when custom meshing is available i am sure that you will see MAJOR changes in the appearance and flexibility of this mod. Until then, this is the way that this mod is.
Last but not least: big thanks to Quaxi for making SimPE
WITH ALL THE ABOVE HAVING BEEN READ... BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE EDITION THAT APPEALS TO YOU! DO NOT PLACE MORE THAN ONE EDITION IN YOUR GAME AS THEY WILL CONFLICT WITH ONE ANOTHER... AND REMEMBER THAT THERE ARE OTHER MODS MADE BY OTHER INDIVIDUALS THAT WILL CONFLICT WITH THIS MOD!
MINOR UPDATE: (january 19) 1.4b SIM Edition was showing bi-lingual menus in the sim menu for Non-US English versions of Sims 2.... i have fixed that bug (thanks to Pat40 for testing the fix and to marjan for secondary testing and verification) and re-posted the "fixed" edition.
have fun and have a nice day